Friday, 1 September 2017

Chinese Rice

Hello friends,
I am glad to see you back, and hope you have had a good week. I know I have, because I have been reading many of my recipes to find just the right ones for today’s entry.
One meal my boys always loved is the one I picked for you to see, and hopefully try it. I made it for guests and even pot luck meals, and everyone always loved it.
As you will notice the first recipe is in two parts. I know finding Onion Soup Mix can be hard  to find sometimes, so I make my own, and it just makes a much better taste to the rice.


Chinese Rice

Ingredients:

2 cups long grain rice, uncooked
1 pkg. Onion Soup Mix (look below)
1/3 cup soy sauce
3 1/3 cup water
1/3 cup oil

Put all ingredients in 2-quart oven proof dish. Mix, place lid on and put in 180C oven for 1 ¼ hours.
Mix and serve.


**********************************  


Dry Onion Soup Mix

Ingredients:

2/3 cup Dried, Minced Onion
3 tsp. Parsley Flakes
2 tsp. Onion Powder
2 tsp. Turmeric
1 tsp. Celery Salt
1 tsp. Sea Salt
1 tsp. Sugar
½ tsp. Ground Pepper

Mix all ingredients of soup mix in a jar, then give the jar a good shake. Shake jar before each use.
Use 4 tablespoons in a recipe, as that measure equals 1 packet of soup mix.
Store in a dry, cool place.

No comments:

Post a Comment